Blast Resistant Modular Buildings
SafeHaven’s Blast Resistant Modular (BRM) Buildings
The Blast Resistant Modular (BRM) building is designed using linear dynamic analyses methods that take account for the dynamic material properties and strength increase factors consistent with recommended guidelines. The analyses were performed by experienced engineer(s) using methods described in “Design of Blast-Resistant Buildings in Petrochemical Facilities” by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), UFC 3-340-02, “Structures to Resist the Effects of Accidental Explosions,” and others. Acceptance criteria was based on the above publications as well as API 752 and 753. The BRM building design is certified for the design blast loading by an engineer with more than 15 years of experience in blast resistant analysis, design, and testing.
Each custom fabricated BRM structure is all steel welded construction, utilizing 6 x 6 and 4 x 4 tubular steel for framing and ¼” steel plate for the walls and roof.
Further, each BRM is fully insulated, and its exterior is primed and coated with ceramic paint for insulation purposes and then top coated per customer. Its interior walls consist of 20 gauge galvanized metal studs with pre-formed top and bottom plates and a suspended acoustical ceiling with a 2 ft x 4 ft grid with a finished subfloor consisting of commercial grade 12″ x 12″ tile flooring and 4″ vinyl cove base trim.
SafeHaven’s® Forced Entry Ballistic Resistant (FE/BR) buildings are certified under standard SD-STD-01.01 revision G by the US Department Of State’s (DOS) Bureau of Diplomatic Security in 15 and 60 minute forced-entry and ballistic-resistant configurations.
ENGINEER YOUR BLAST RESISTANT MODULE TO YOUR SPECIFICATIONS
- Crimped ¼-inch plate steel walls and ¼-inch flat plate roof provide maximum strength and durability
- Initial blast rating of 8 PSI side-on pressure, for a duration of 200 milliseconds
- Continuous welded construction
- Units built for comfort, durability, and safety
- Two certified blast resistant doors (50 PSI) with certified hardware
- Fully insulated building (R-20) with one-hour fire rating
- Crimped steel plate walls or flat plate walls
- Fire and Smoke Detection
- Exterior service entrance disconnect 200 amp connection lugs in NEMA 3R enclosure
- Bard Class I, Div II HVAC system (40’ BRM: 2-ton HVA C, 60’ BRM: 3-ton HVA C)
- Baker risk approved – backed by stamped engineered drawings
- Rough-in conduit for data/voice
- One-hour fire rating
- Custom sizes and lavatories available